Monday, May 21, 2012

all i do is bring things into evidence














I have submitted a consideration of Fluxus member George Brecht's Water Yam event-cards to Compost & Height, a fantastic site for new music. From May to December of this year, artists from the four directions are submitting their realizations of Brecht's texts to C & H; my piece attempts to connect the spirit of the Water Yam project to both what I was listening to as I wrote it [Cornelius Cardew's The Great Learning], as well as the music found at C & H.

My thanks to Patrick Farmer and Sarah Hughes for their invitation to participate in the Water Yam project; along with curating a wonderful site for new music with a genuine spirit of generosity, they make music that is among my favorite in a field saturated with too many releases.


Title quote from George Brecht.

No comments: