Tuesday, September 13, 2011

gather














Readers acquainted with crow will not be surprised when I say my pieces average 900 words, assimilate a fair number of conceptual links, and generally provide little blow - by - blow reportage on the music under discussion. I can scarcely manage reading or writing with that last sort of approach, so I leave it to others to do so.

For reasons of time management, a sense of fairness to those who submit work hoping for a tighter turn-around time than four to five months, and clearing the deck for some imminent projects, I will try to gather together some more concise reviews. This gives me an opportunity to state what should be obvious - the relative succinctness of these reviews in no wise suggests the works merit less space, development or elaboration.

No comments: